2.08.2009

5 hour energy

I can't believe how much energy drinks have really come along these last few years. I mean, a shot of energy in a tiny little bottle? Really? I don't understand, why settle for a small shot that doesn't really taste THAT great when you can have a whole can of an energy drink that tastes just like soda and has the same effect? To me, the 5 hour energy shot seems almost like taking medicine. A quick fix that doesn't really taste good. The only benefit I'm seeing here is that supposedly the energetic boost lasts longer than that of a regular energy drink. Also, the "crash" that occurs after a regular energy drink is supposed to be either limited or non existent with the 5 hour energy shot. I was doing a little bit of reading on the energy shot today and apparently there is a chemical in it called niacin. This is a type of B-vitamin that makes you feel flushed and warm, and can be quite uncomfortable, but the company puts the chemical in the drink to let the user know that the drink is having an effect on their body. Yuck! I wouldn't want to take an energy shot at the expense of feeling like I'm having hot flashes. Why not just get a healthy boost of energy from exercise?

1 comment:

  1. I think the FDA needs to step its game and take charge of these things that harms us. I understand this country is money driven but with all the crap outthere that we eat and drink, america won't have enough healthy soilders to go to war with.

    ReplyDelete